• Mobile, Alabama 6,000+ hotel rooms citywide and 1,000+ first-class rooms to support the downtown convention market.
• The Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel (connected to Convention Center) and the Battle House Renaissance Mobile Hotel & Spa are consistently in the top 10 among all Renaissance properties in Meeting Planner satisfaction.
• Across from the hotels is the Arthur R. Outlaw Mobile Convention Center. It is a magnificent waterside facility with more than 300,000 square feet of meeting space and features a 100,000 square foot exhibit hall.
• The Mobile area has numerous world-class attractions including:
• The USS ALABAMA Battleship Memorial Park
• Bellingrath Gardens and Home
• Carnival Cruises
• Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center
• GulfQuest - the National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico
• Each welcome more than 100,000 visitors per year
• The Mobile Regional Airport is served by Delta Airlines, US Airways, American and United Airlines that offer daily non-stops from Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston and Chicago. There are 40+ daily flights with more than 4500 available seats.
• Visit Mobile staff members can assist in all phases of conference planning. In addition to our site-selection service, we provide complimentary registration assistance, welcome packets and conference social media support.
Mobile Fast Facts
Connect to an Expert
1 S. Water Street, Mobile, AL 36602
Type of Destination Experience:
GSF Exhibit Space (Arthur R. Outlaw Mobile Convention Center): 100,000
Meeting Space, Square Feet (Ladd Peebles Stadium): 100,000
Largest Ballroom, Square Feet (Ladd Peebles Stadium): 100,000
Sleeping Rooms in largest hotel (General): 370
Hotel adjacent to convention facility: Yes
Hotel rooms within one mile of convention center: 1,200
Mobile Regional Airport
Miles to downtown 5
Cities with non-stop flights5
International cities with direct flights0
Geographic Areas Served:
City of Mobile, Mobile County, some Baldwin County (Eastern Shore) properties
Why Meet in Mobile
Mobile has a certain magic that keeps you on your toes. Where a melting pot of people, flavors, cultures and traditions become one voice to lead all of life's celebrations. Join the jubilee and welcome every day with an enduring passion and a little soulful hospitality, because life is the ultimate gift. This is the spirit of living. This is what we're born to do!
Home to America's original Mardi Gras that rolls through the streets of our historic downtown; dozens of festivals, art shows, or culinary experiences nearly every weekend, Mobile takes events pretty seriously so hosting memorable conventions and meetings comes naturally to us!.
We've been called funky, feisty, festive. And historic, hip and happening. Colorful, cool and cultured. You can really call our spirited, coastal town a lot of things when you have a vibrant 300 year history. Once called the Paris of the South, Mobile has long been the cultural center of the Gulf Coast and you'll find an authentic experience found nowhere else in the southern United States.